The elegant Bed & Breakfast, Rooms for rent or Hotel "Residenze Portacastello- Graffolus" is positioned in the historic centre of Isernia in very calm place.
The Portacastello-Graffolus Residence is situated not far from the historic fountain in Piazza Municipio where you can see Palazzo Civico with its fourteenth Century façade and the church of St.Anthony, and is also close to the Cathedral and the famous Fraterna Fountain.
The residence was built using reclaimed stone taken entirely from a old building which was once part of the architectural and cultural heritage of the historic centre. It is one of the few examples of a structure created for tourism which uses materials recycled from such a historically important building in the oldest part of the town, and not only does it serve local residents but it also allows our guests to fully immerse themselves in the culture and traditions of Isernia, a town rich in history.
We will be able to share experiences, exchange cultures and gain knowledge. The holiday will be more like a sharing experience.
The growing ideal of a relaxing holiday fits well with this initiative and the organisation aims to promote cultural activities which may interest our guests during their stay.
The seven rooms, ranging in size from 17 to 3 metres squared, each with private bathroom, are well equipped and furnished with an eclectic mix of modern and period pieces, with all modern comforts rovided yet still in keeping with a traditional historical style.
Ideal for both family vacations and business trips, the management will gladly organise discounts for local tourist services as well as accommodation, breakfast and dining.
Quality of service meets traditional Molise hospitality for which we are known and appreciated. Allow yourself to be blown away by Portacastello-Graffolus Residence while enjoying a holiday learning about the culture and traditions of Isernia, an art heritage city.
Location and surrounding areas
- We are in the heart of Isernia’s historic centre, a short walk from:
- Piazzetta and Fontana Saint Angelo: 30 m
- the Church of Saint Francesco- Saint Antonio: 80 m
- The Town Hall (Palazzo Saint Francesco): 80 m
- Archaeological Museum Saint Maria delle Monache: 150 m
- The Ruins of the Church of Saint Maria delle Monache: 150 m
- The Church of Saint Pietro Celestino: 270 m
- the Cathedral: 300 m
- Palazzo Convitto Vescovile (University): 300 m
- the Church of Saint Chiara: 380 m
- Piazza Saint Pietro Celestino and Fraterna Fountain: 500 m
- The Church of Concezione: 500 ml
- the City Museum of History and Remembrance: 500 m
- Medieval turrets
- Cyclopean Wall
- the Hermitage of Saints Cosma and Damiano: 600 m
- Paleolithic museum of Isernia and excavations (Homo Aeserniensis): 1700 m
- Hospital: 600 m
- Prefecture: 700 m
- Courthouse: 800 ml
- Sports centre (swimming, tennis, football): 1800 m
- Riding stables: 3000 m
- Art heritage City
- near famous monuments and sites
- archaeological area
- cultural events and exhibitions
- Wine and food tasting
- local crafts
- surrounded by nature (peace and relaxation)
- gardens and landscapes
- Sports facilities nearby
- Ski resort nearby